Writing your Essay In this final essay, the national HLSC 220 lecturers in charge have agreed that..
Writing your Essay
In this final essay, the national HLSC 220 lecturers in charge have agreed that students are able to use the five learning outcomes presented in the unit outline assessment descriptor as headings in their essay. These five points are as follows:
- Discuss national and international ethical frameworks for health care that influence ethical decision making in practice;
- Explain the Code of Ethics relevant to different health disciplines, and identify if there are no such Codes and how this may influence decision making and patient care in scenarios where there is an ethical dilemma.
- Differentiate between ethical and legal issues in health care in consenting vulnerable patients cohorts
- Identify social and spiritual factors that influence the health professional values and beliefs in ethical decision making
- Apply ethical normative frameworks that a health professional may appeal to in defending their position, individually and collaboratively, on moral and ethical dilemmas encountered practice
This will enable students to structure their essay more succinctly. An introduction and conclusion to the essay is still required, as well as a final list of references which needs to be presented in APA citation format. The reference list below for this assessment is according to APA 6th edition. Do not present your references with the hyperlinks that are part of the reference list below – if you are going to cut and paste the references into your essay, make sure you remove the hyperlink. This can be done by right clicking over the link and selecting ‘remove hyperlink’.
As the essay word limit is 2000 words, consider evenly spreading your word limit over the five questions, making sure that you respond to each question in the same amount of depth. The introduction should be between 100-150 words and present a framework for your essay – so indicating to the reader what the main points are about to be discussed in the subsequent paragraphs or sections. The conclusion is usually approx 100-120 words and presents a summary of the key points in your essay paragraphs or section. In academic essay writing, there is usually no new information presented in the conclusion or further direct quotes.
Please note that this essay is not to be presented in the first person but using academic language.
This essay will use Turnitin assignment drop box for submission.Students are to aim for an originality percentile match 10% and under