Today’s Human Resource Manager, and The Evolution of the Role of the Human Resource Manager.
THIS ASSIGNMENT HAS 2 PARTS. PLEASE SEPARATES BY HEADINGS AND SUB-HEADINGS AS REQUIRED BY FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS BY THE TEACHER.
PART 1: 1 PAGE
Grasping the differences between modern organizations and traditional organizations is important for your career as a Human Resource Manager. HRMs are typically involved in strategic planning and they are always responsible for knowing and implementing government regulations.
Conduct some credible research on the modern organization and the traditional organization. For your discussion:
- Discuss the skillsets you found for an HRM for each type of organization. Which skillsets do you possess? Which skillsets are a gap for you?
- What types of strategic activities did you find for the role of HRM in each type of organization? How do those activities differ?
- Which organization is a better fit for your personality and values? Please explain.
- For your reply post, discuss a student’s opposite viewpoint (fit) from yours. What are your thoughts on being successful in the 21st Century?
*A note about credible sources: Credible sources are reliable, accurate, and trustworthy. These sources are written by authors respected in their fields of study
PART 2 : 2-3 PAGES
For this project assignment on ACME Company, Inc. consider the following concepts:
- The issues facing Mary, from the perspective of an HRM in the 21st Century.
- The challenges associated with the leadership roles and functions of the traditional company versus the modern company.
- The challenges associated with the organization’s goals and objectives, from an HRM perspective.
Write a minimum of two pages summarizing the challenges that ACME Company, Inc. faces from the perspective of an HRM in the 21st Century and your recommendations for Mary (and Paul). Consider the following questions:
- What should the HRM’s role be in this company?
- How does Mary handle the contradictory goals of leadership versus hers (and Paul’s)?
- Where should she focus her efforts?
- How can Mary ensure ACME Company, Inc. reaches its goals and objectives to survive in the 21st Century?