Position Paper: Power, Politics and Culture.
POSITION PAPER: POWER, POLITICS, AND CULTURE: Power and politics greatly influence an organization’s culture. In business, the culture can make or break an organization’s productivity. In this assignment, you’ll analyze the ways power and politics have influenced an organization’s culture. You’ll apply best practices you learned in course resources and your own research to make recommendations for improving this organization’s culture.
PREPARATION Using the same organization from the first two assignments (Starbucks), imagine the CEO has now requested your task force investigate the influence of power and politics on the corporate culture. You have been asked to prepare a position paper that presents and supports your recommendations to improve the culture.
Prepare for this assignment by delving into the organization’s culture and identifying the resources you, the task force leader, will use to create your research-supported position paper. Use at least two quality resources such as the course textbook, company website, business websites (CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.), resources from the Strayer Library, and/or outside sources. Note: Wikipedia and web-based blogs do not qualify as credible resources.
Develop your position paper, addressing the following components:
1. Influence of Politics and Power:Explain how politics and power-play may have influenced theorganization’s culture.
2. Sources of Power:Explore the sources of power and describe how management coulduse this influence to benefit your department and improveorganizational performance.
3. Leadership Behavior and Culture:Make recommendations that support how the study of power andpolitics could influence leadership behavior and improve theorganization’s culture.
4. Leadership Influence:Discuss the importance and complexity of leadership behavior. Howdoes it influence organizational structure and performance?
5. Executive Summary:Prepare an executive summary that presents your recommendationsfor ways in which the organization could build a stronger culture.Note: An executive summary is a condensed version of your fullreport. It should summarize briefly all the main points in conciseparagraphs. It should be written clearly and should uselanguage appropriate for the audience.