Leadership in the Global Environment.
- Toggle Drawer
In 3–5 pages, explain global trends and their relevance to global business leaders. Select leadership theories to address the trends and analyze the application of the theories to the trends.Note: Creating a global leadership development plan requires specific thought processes. The assessments in this course are presented in a specific sequence and must be completed in order.SHOW MORE
- Toggle Drawer
Read the Assessment 2 Context document.
- Toggle Drawer
Questions to Consider
As you prepare to complete this assessment, you may want to think about other related issues to deepen your understanding or broaden your viewpoint. You are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community. Note that these questions are for your own development and exploration and do not need to be completed or submitted as part of your assessment.SHOW MORE
- Toggle Drawer
The resources provided here are optional and support the assessment. You may use other resources of your choice to prepare for this assessment; However, you will need to ensure that they are appropriate, credible, and valid. They provide helpful information about the topics in this unit. The resources provided here are optional and support the assessment. The MBA-FP6026 – The Global Leader Library Guide can help direct your research, and the Supplemental Resources and Research Resources, both linked from the left navigation menu in your courseroom, provide additional resources to help support you.
Global Leadership Theories
The resources below contain a number of global leadership theories.
- Ghemawat, P. (2012). Developing global leaders. McKinsey Quarterly, 2012(3), 100–109.
- Mendenhall, M. E. (2011). Three necessary questions for global leadership development in India. Vikalpa, 36(4), 17–23.
- Seki, K., & Holt, K. (2012). Global leadership to transform the world. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 5(2), 248–254.
- Global Integration. (2011). Five barriers to global leadership [Video]. Retrieved from
- Cohen, S. L. (2010). Effective global leadership requires a global mindset. Retrieved from http://www.strategicleadershipcollaborative.com/ar…
- This article takes a close look at what is needed to develop a global mindset, as well as the methods for acquiring a global mindset. This article may be useful in several assessments.
Effective global leaders must be able to recognize current and future trends in their industry and determine the best ways to address those trends.
For this assignment, please select three of the following trends in global business, and then choose the leadership theory or model you believe would allow you, as a global leader, to effectively address each trend. You should choose a different theory or model for each trend.Search the Capella University Library and the Internet to locate recent, relevant articles on the trends you selected. You will need at least three articles to use as support for your work on this assignment.Organize this assessment logically, using headings and sub-headings appropriately. Include a title page and reference page, and follow APA guidelines for all citations and references.
Global Business Trends
- Geopolitical realignment.
- Continued global violent extremism.
- U.S. economic resurgence.
- Post-BRICS emerging markets.
- New resource slump cycle.
- Accelerating global climate change.
- Depopulation waves.
- IT revolution 2.0.
- Rise of the machines.
- Evolving artificial intelligence.
- Cyber insecurity.
- Changing nature of power.
- Automated deep learning.
- Big data analytics.
Leadership Theories or Models
- Situational Leadership.
- Path-Goal Theory.
- Leader-Member Exchange Theory.
- Transformational and Transactional Leadership.
- Authentic Leadership.
- Servant Leadership.
- Adaptive Leadership.
- Transcendent Leadership.
- Spiritual Leadership.
- Integrated Leadership.
For each of the trends you select, complete the following:
- Explain the trend and why it is relevant to global business leaders.
- Identify the leadership theory or model you would use to address the trend.
- Analyze the application of the theory to the trend.
- Explain why the theory or model you selected is the appropriate one to address the trend.
- Provide an example of how you would use the theory or model to effectively address the trend.
- Explain the advantages and limitations of using the theory or model to address the trend.
Be sure you support your statements using citations and references from at least 3 scholarly or professional resources.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Number of pages: 3–5, not including title page and reference page.
- Number of resources: At least 3.
- APA format for citations and references.
- Times New Roman font, 12 point.