Paper 3 Instructions
Paper 3 will focus on World Christianity.
1. Write a 5-page research paper (using 12-point, Times New Romanfont, 1-inch margins on all sides).
2. Use 5 scholarly sources. Your textbook does not count. You mayuse scholarly websites, but also use at least 2 scholarlyarticles and/or books. You can find scholarly articles throughthe Liberty University Library (which you used in the researchexercise). If you need help finding scholarly books, you can usebooks.google.com. Be careful to choose scholarly sources; do notuse Wikipedia or blogs. If you are uncertain if a source isscholarly, feel free to send an email with the source informationto your instructor; he will let you know.
3. Use current Turabian reference style and place yourbibliography as the last page.
4. Upload your paper to the proper Discussion Board Forum at thesame time you submit your paper to SafeAssign. Submit thisassignment by the deadline.
Choose 1 of the following to write on:
1. The Decline of European Christianity. Evangelical missionshave long been active in areas other than Europe, yet statisticsreveal that Western European nations, especially France andGermany are among the most post-Christian. Both Pope John Paul IIand Pope Benedict XVI have said that the re-evangelization ofEurope is one of the Churchs highest priorities. Focus on thereasons why European Christianity (both Protestant and Catholic)has declined. Do not focus on a single denomination. The periodthat can be covered in this paper can be from 1675-present. Youcan select your beginning date, but do conclude with the state ofEurope today.
2. In the twenty-first century, one of the most significant areasof religious conflict may quite possibly be between a growingIslam, a revived Hinduism, and a vibrant Christianity in Africaand Asia. Pick 1 of the following countries and write about thegrowth of contemporary Christianity there (The Sudan, India,Uganda, or Singapore). Note that The Sudan split in in 2011 toform Sudan (or North Sudan) and South Sudan. Your history of thiscountry will begin with the old country of The Sudan and continuewith South Sudan.